Tuesday's Green Tip - Freezing Bananas

As I was preparing dinner this evening, I saw that I had a rather ripe banana laying on the kitchen countertop that was completely black on the outside. I immediately took the banana and placed it in the freezer and it made me think of a quick green tip to share:

For years I have been taking these overly ripe bananas and placing them in my freezer. Sometimes they go in as a whole banana, sometimes just the banana itself in a freezer bag. What do I do with these bananas . . . use them for breakfast! A common weekend breakfast is banana pancakes or waffles sometimes with chocolate chips or even blueberries. Those who have tried them, love them! A really great batch of banana pancakes or waffles are judged by whether or not they have enough banana flavor to not require maple syrup!

Banana Pancakes

2 cups baking mix (any brand, I follow directions on box)
1 egg
milk
3 whole bananas (defrosted and mushed, they will be like liquid if they were super ripe)
Chocolate Chips or Blueberries

Banana Waffles

2 cups baking mix
1 egg
milk
2 tbsp vegetable oil
3 whole bananas
Chocolate Chips

No comments: