Environmentally Friendly Cleaning Products

During my adult life I have used many cleaning products. Should I even dare say that I have sprayed a certain Kitchen antibacterial cleaner on my countertops . . . that was years ago at a place of residence in which I no longer reside. I have tried many products mostly from Method (huge fan!) and Seventh Generation. Most recently I have been exploring making my own, but I will discuss that at length at a later date.

Symhome mom's favorites:

General cleaning - Method All Purpose Spray in Pink Grapefruit

Dish washing soap - Method Pink Grapefruit

Dishwasher detergent - Seventh Generation, although I will say I don't think it cleans all that well unless you pre-rinse. I have tried Palmolive's new eco + which is phosphate free although I will admit I have not done research on this product.

Hand soap - Method - variety of scents

Window Cleaner - Method with Method microfiber cloth

Furniture Cleaner - Method Wood for Good with Method microfiber cloth

Wood Floor Cleaner - Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner with Bona microfiber cloth - Bed, Bath & Beyond or Stanley Steemer

Bathroom Cleaner - Method

Toilet Bowl Cleaner - On going battle

Laundry Detergent - Method Baby, Method Free & Clear and Seventh Generation

Dryer Sheets - On going battle, Method Dryer Sheets and Bounce Free.

Method is always, always cheaper at Target even cheaper than buying directly from Method. Check out Big Lots for discontinued Method. Method is very design conscience and they are constantly changing bottle designs and changing fragrances. My favorite time of year to buy Method is after Christmas when they clearance it out at Target. I have noticed this past year though the clearance items go really fast! People are catching on to this great company!

I did notice in the store this week that GreenWorks has expanded their line of products. Please, please don't pay $3.49 for a GreenWorks dish soap when you can get a Method dish soap for $2.99. Method is a great company and we should be supporting them by purchasing their products! Along this line, I have also noticed that Windex now has a product made with vinegar. You too can make a product that will work for the bathroom, kitchen, windows and mirrors and save yourself a few bucks in the process.

All Purpose Household Cleaner:

1/4 cup white vinegar
1 quart warm water
Fresh lemon juice
A spray bottle (look for bottles made from recycled milk bottles - Delta Industries)

Seventh Generation Coupons click here

As for Method I have only ever seen one coupon offering and it was in the Rochester, NY market years ago.

No comments: