Eat from the Pantry Challenge - January 2010


I am participating in MoneySavingMom and LifeasMom's Eat from the Pantry Challenge.  You can read more about it here.

Symhomemom's Plan:
  • Puchase dairy and fresh produce as needed each week.  I will be budgeting $25 each week for these purchases which will include:
    • 1 1/2 gallons Organic milk - $5.29 + $2.99
    • 2 gallons 1% milk - $4
    • Produce (or other) as needed - $12.72 or less
  • Inventory all food we have in our freezer, refrigerator and pantry (I started this and was amazed at all that was in our freezer alone!) 
  • Menu Plan for the following meals:
    • 25 dinners
    • 20 lunches
    • 20 breakfasts
  • For 2010 I am going to track all grocery spending on this blog.  (I currently track thru http://www.mint.com/).
I'm still working on my menu plan . . . hopefully I will be done before New Year's Day! 

No comments: