National Costume Swap Day is Saturday, October 8th!
This event is brought to you by Green Halloween®, KIWI magazine & Swap.com
A costume swap is a great first step in greening Halloween.
Steps to creating an eek-o-fabulous event
- A costume swap can be as simple as getting together with a few neighbors or as large as a citywide event.
- Either way, you'll be making a difference in your community by saving resources (and money, too!).
- Costume swaps not only mean less resources are used to make new product, it also means less packaging, less transportation of the product and less waste (from products being trashed as they sadly often are!).
- Swaps are also a lot of fun and can be a great way to kick off the Green Halloween® season!
- For events of any size, here are some tips on how to organize and set it up. And here's how to spread the word.
You can check out the National Costume Swap website for a listing of locations by State.
There are several taking place around Ohio:
Liberty Township, OH
Shaker Heights, OH
There are also online swaps available from websites such as thredUP! You can find a listing of those here.