Sustainable Saturday - Want to go green? Ask Grandma.

You'll want to check out in the next few weeks as I explore doing things Grandma's way.  This new blog series will explore a lot of things we can learn from our grandparents and even great-grandparents about living frugal and living green.  During a recent visit to my husband's grandmother's home, I noticed a compost bin, the old makings of a huge garden and learned how she used to feed her family of 12 from their garden.
While your making your list for Spring Cleaning, you might want to check out this article from Mambo Sprouts that is right along the lines of this new blog series:  Would Your Pantry Make Great-Grandma Proud?

As for our garden update, our plants are growing and the weather will hopefully get warmer to stay soon.  I am hopeful that we will have an early harvest again this year of green beans.  My kids love to eat them right in the garden! 

No comments: