CVS - FREE Physician's Formula Cosmetics


CVS has many cosmetics priced 50-75% off.  At my local CVS I found many Physician's Formula products (Bamboo Wear, Organic Wear and Mineral Wear Foundation) 75% off.

In addition,  the Physician's Formula Bamboo Wear Compact also had a FREE rebate offer on it.  On Physician's Formula Website they offer rebates for 3 products which makes them FREE to try.  The products available for rebates are:

Bamboo Wear™ Compact, Mirror & Brush
Try Me Free Mail-In Rebate Form

Organic wear® Rebate (expired 4/30/10)
100% Natural Origin Makeup Removers

Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Mascara Duo
Try Me Free Mail-In Rebate Form

Recently I discovered that I was suffering from Blepharitis.

Blepharitis is an inflammation of the eyelids, usually caused by an excess growth of bacteria that is ordinarily found on the skin and occasionally cause by allergies. 

There are many everyday steps that you can take to prevent blepharitis. This includes:
  • Keeping your hands and face clean.
  • Avoiding rubbing your eyes with dirty fingers, a soiled handkerchief, etc.
  • Removing all eye makeup before bedtime.
If you are in the early stages of treating blepharitis, avoid the use of eye makeup to prevent further irritation. Once you begin using makeup again, replace your products used in or near the eyelids because they may be contaminated.

So, I'm at the stage where it is time to purchase new cosmetics.  I know that most likely the Blepharitis developed because I was not washing my face at night.  I am using this experience to clean out my make up collection and replace with Organic and more environmentally friendly cosmetic products.

I researched the above products on the Environmental Working Group's website and found that while the Bamboo Wear appears to not be listed the Mineral Wear Foundation and the Organic Wear Blush both scored 4s making them a better than average choice.

No comments: