DIY: Children's Fleece Blanket (Christmas Gift Idea!)

 
 
Two years ago, my children received "child size" fleece tie blankets for Christmas from my Aunt. They are the perfect size for our 3 and 5 year old to curl up on the couch on a cool winter day. Looking for inspiration for a Christmas gift for our new niece and my children's cousin, my daughter and I made a "child size" fleece tie blanket.

We started with a little over 1 yard of two different coordinating fleece fabrics. We trimmed the fabric. Then we measured in 5 inches from each side and cut 1/2 inch strips around the entire perimeter of the fleece. We removed the four corners (5 inch x 5 inch) and then began tying knots joining the two different pieces of fleece together.


My daughter and I worked on this project together. I cut the fabric and she did the majority of the ties adjoining the two pieces of fleece.



The end result is a really cute and soft fleece blanket that we hope our niece and cousin will really enjoy.


Note:  Some of the links referenced in this post are my referral links.  You can read Saving Family Green's Material Connection Disclosure Policy here.

No comments: